Citizen Appointments to Board or Commissions
- Persons interested in serving on county boards or commissions may apply for appointment by submitting an application to the Newaygo County Clerk.
- Positions are published for available openings in the Fremont Times Indicator, and as indicated above.
- Interviews are held during Board of Commission meetings, and are scheduled by the Administration Department.
- Appointments are made at a subsequent Board of Commission meeting.
- Applications are kept on file for a 1-year period.
- Applications are accepted on an on-going basis for vacancies existing on boards and commissions. Depending on time frames, interviews may be scheduled for these vacancies at the time applications are received and when authorized by the Board of Commissioners. Please contact the Clerk's Office for information regarding any current vacancies.
Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis for the following vacancies:
- Pere Marquette & White River Zoning Boards
- Mental Health Board
- Veterans Affairs Committee
The deadline for applications is Friday, May 26, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
Veterans Affairs Application Form